- BFTI presents the sector-based need assessment study of Business Promotion Council- Leather Sector and Agro-products Sector at the Executive Committee meeting of the Business Promotion Council.
- A Training on Transparency in Trade Procedures by International Trade Centre (ITC), in collaboration with BFTI, Ministry of Commerce and BUILD would be held on 2nd October, 2016, at the BFTI Conference Room.
- Director of the BFTI chaired a session titled Trade and Transport Facilitation Audit in South Asian non -landlocked countries II—Understanding bottlenecks and costs at the Trade and Transport Facilitation Audit in South Asia: Dissemination of study findings held on September, 2016.
- Research Fellow and a Junior Research Associate of the BFTI attended the Advanced Trade Policy Course, in the Trade Academy, Stockholm, Sweden.
- WTO National Workshop on the Agreement on TRIPS, Focusing on LDC Exemption: General and Pharmaceutical was held 23rd & 24th August, 2016.
- A training on "General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS): Opportunities for Bangladesh" was held from 1st to 3rd August, 2016.
- BFTI has completed 5 sector-based need assessment researches for Business Promotion Council (BPC). The five sectors were: Leather Sector, Light Engineering Sector, Agro-products Sector, Medicinal Plants and Herbal Products Sector and Fishery Products Sector.
- BFTI is working as implementing agency of Enhanced Integrated Framework (EIF) project.