- Mr. Ali Ahmed, attended this regional training workshop in Colombo, Sri Lanka. The workshop was supported by the UK-funded Trade Advocacy Fund (TAF) during 17th – 20th November, 2015.
- The CEO Mr. Ali Ahmed attended the International conference on ‘Trade and Employment Challenges in Asia: Insights for South Asia’ in New Delhi, India conference programme as a speaker. He was one of the panelists of the round table discussion on Trade in Employment- Intensive Sectors in South Asia, as a part of the conference. The conference was jointly organised by the Research Department of the International Labour Organization (ILO) and the Institute for Human Development (IHD), New Delhi.
- Research Fellow of Bangladesh Foreign Trade Institute, Mr. Mohammad Farhad, attended the Asia-Pacific Trade Facilitation Forum 2015 held on 20th -23rd October, 2015. The forum and side events were organised by the Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) in collaboration with the China International Electronic Commerce Center (CEICC), China’s Hubei provincial and Wuhan municipality governments.
- Mr. Shoaib Akhtar, Research Associate of Bangladesh Foreign Trade Institute attended the Seminar on Bangladesh FTA Negotiation Building’ 2015. The seminar was organised by the Academy for international Business Officials (AIBO), Ministry of Commerce of China.
- Two research associates of the BFTI joined the training on “Non-Tariff Barriers and Non-Tariff Measures Environment in SAARC” organised by FBCCI held on 10th – 13th January, 2016.
- Chief Executive Officer and Fellow (Research) attended July WTO mini ministerial held on 19-31 July 2008 as members of Bangladesh delegation.
- Fellow (Research) attended the 15th SAARC summit and all pre-summit meetings held in Colombo in July-August 2008
- Fellow (Research) attended 30th and 31st session of the standing committee of Asia Pacific Trade Agreement (APTA) held in Beijing and Bangkok in September 2008 and February 2009 respectively.
- As member of Bangladesh delegation Fellow (Research) attended 17th meeting of the BIMSTEC TNC held in Colombo in October 2008.
- A Research Associate of BFTI received an internship in the Economic Research and Statistics Division, WTO, Switzerland from 1st September 2010 to 25th February 2011.
- A Research Associate of BFTI received a scholarship under Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO) for the Masters of International Law and Economics (MILE) Program at the World Trade Institute (WTI) in Bern, Switzerland from the academic year 2010-2011.
- A Research Associate of BFTI presented paper on “EU-India Free Trade Agreement- Possible Impact on Bangladesh” at University of California (Berkely) on 24 February 2013.
- Attendance of one of the Research Associate of BFTI on 5 days Bordar Hat programme on September 2009 in India.